Stand up paddling is quickly becoming one of the most popular water sports among outdoor enthusiasts. The combination of thrill, fitness, and exploration has contributed to a massive increase in the number of paddlers across the country.
The beauty of SUP is that it can be enjoyed virtually anywhere with a sizable body of water, especially for those with a strong imagination and will for adventure.
According to experienced paddler and SUP Magazine editor, Joe Carberry, ” SUP has so many elements, one being the art of exploration. That adventure aspect helps us to escape. And SUP has opened up endless possibilities of unique places to travel and paddle.”
Traveling with such large boards can be difficult and expensive. With advent of SUPrents.com you no longer have to worry about traveling with a board. SUPrents.com ships rental paddle boards nationwide. The paddle board will be waiting for you at your destination.
1. Apostle Islands on Lake Superior- This ideal Great Lakes journey is located near Duluth, Minnesota. Paddling is the best way to experience the many shorelines, sea caves, beaches and forests that the Apostle Islands have to offer.
2. Mangroves in the Florida Keys- With so many spots to explore in the Florida Keys, the mile-long Cowkey Channel through a tropical mangrove forest is the best place to experience the area’s wildlife. But be sure to pack plenty of Bug Spray as the area is notorious for blood-thirsty insects.
3. Naples Canals in Long Beach- Think the famous Venice Canals in Italy, but in Long Beach, California and on a much smaller scale. Paddling through expensive houses and luxurious boats makes for an awesome afternoon of paddling. If you’re feeling festive, the best time to paddle the canals is during the annual Christmas boat parade.
4. Austin, Texas- Paddle along the Colorado River as it flows through the heart of the most vibrant city in Texas. To experience what Austin is best known for, cruise along Zilker Park during The Austin City Limits Music Fest in October. Listen to amazing live music while getting your paddle on.
5. Lake Tahoe’s Crystal Bay- The ideal mountain activity for the summer. Paddle east from Kings Beach State Recreation Area to Crystal Bay with the picturesque Tahoe Mountains in the background.
6. Padre Islands in Texas-Take a break from the massive party-scene while visiting this popular spring break destination. Paddle around the Laguna Madre bay on the west side of the Island– a great spot to explore and ride waves in perfect weather.